Leadership Boot Camp
Virtual learning (Spring & Fall Sessions)
MEA Leadership Academy provides opportunities for leaders to dig deeper into their personal leadership skills. The boot camp is focused on leading both self and others, by cultivating an awareness and application of key personal assets towards effective leadership skills.
The boot camps have received very positive feedback including:
“It was over too quickly! The course materials were great.”
“For me, it was assessing my own strengths, weaknesses, and interpersonal styles. I need to take that information and use it in my position to build a cohesive team. This information will be helpful in building these relationships.”
“Great speakers, good support, relevant topics. You got what you put into the program.”
“I enjoyed it all. I guess what’s impactful for me is to learn from my emotional discomforts. Hearing how I can put strategies into place is wonderful.”
Topic focus: Leading Self, Leading Others
Time frame: 3 months, March – May and September – November
Time commitment: 60 – 90 minutes per week (approximately)This personalized program incorporates hard copy, online and live webinar events (also recorded in case participants cannot attend) including: Five (5) private webinars
- Program & Participants Introduction
- Strengths Based Leadership – utilizing the Strengths Finder 2.0 assessment to identify key performance strengths facilitated by Barb Dusek, a professional Leadership Coach, Management Consultant and President of CorSpective.
- Emotional Intelligence – using the Emotional Intelligence 2.0 assessment results to understand and employ emotions beneficially inside the workplace facilitated by Barb.
- Social Styles – understand your behavior preferences and improve your interpersonal effectiveness facilitated by Julie Berg, M.A., ACC, President of HRD Consulting, is a professional workshop leader, coach and organization development consultant.
- Fast Forward Your Career – industry specific insights on the seven principles for career success facilitated by book author and former MEA President, Ric Hinkie.
- Welcome packet with gift and learning resources
- 40 + Online Leadership Courses
- 4 Books & 3 Assessments: Strengths Based Leadership, Emotional Intelligence 2.0, Social Styles by TRACOM and Fast Forward Your Career
- Utility specific content
- Manager involvement and feedback
- Certificate of boot camp completion and up to 12 Professional Development Hours
- And More