Train the OQ Evaluator
One-day, in-person training
Train the Evaluator is tailored to meet the needs of the operators of natural gas pipelines who must comply with the federally mandated operator qualifications program. This course provides information on the theory of evaluation, but its strength is in providing useful information and hands-on practice for conducting credible performance evaluations.
- Tips for handling problem situations
- Reliability and validity
- Evaluation exercises
- Interrater reliability
- EnergyU orientation
- Using observation skills
- Various practice exercises
- Tips for evaluator response to evaluatee questions
We also offer a virtual option of this program.
Per regulation, persons performing evaluations should possess the required knowledge to ascertain an individual’s ability to perform covered tasks, and to substantiate an individual’s ability to recognize and react to abnormal operating conditions that might surface while performing those tasks.
Become an Evaluator
Consideration for MEA Qualified Evaluator status requires the following credentials:
- Minimum three years of field experience—or formal training—specific to tasks wishing to evaluate on.
- Minimum of three industry references.
- Satisfactory completion of a formal evaluator training course.