Hall of Fame
Eligibility & Criteria
The purpose of this award is to honor outstanding individuals who have shared their time and expertise with the energy industry through MEA by serving on committees and volunteering at our meetings and events.
If you are unsure about the qualifications of a possible nominee or have other questions, contact John Gann at (651) 289-9600 x105.
The program is open to individuals currently employed by or retired from MEA member companies. Both energy delivery and associate (vendor or contractor company) personnel are eligible.
Criteria for induction into the MEA Hall of Fame include extensive service and leadership on an MEA committee, speaking or moderating MEA conference sessions or training classes, participation in MEA planning events and attendance at MEA conferences and training classes.
Various factors are considered when selecting Hall of Fame inductees. One criterion is the points system outlined below. Note: MEA will follow up with the nominee and manage the calculation of points.
The general guideline for Hall of Fame Induction is 50 points. Point values are as follows:
- MEA committee chair: 10 points per year of service
- MEA committee participation: 3 points per year of service
- Trainer at MEA training class: 3 points per day
- Attendance at MEA event*: 1 point per event
- Supplier display at MEA event: +1 point per event
- Speaker at MEA conference session: +1 point per session
- Special projects/contribution: Points on a per case basis
*Conference, roundtable, training class, planning meeting, etc.
- Award Selection
Nominations are reviewed and voted on by the MEA Board of Directors.