Construction Inspector Training
For new or existing pipeline inspectors
Check back for future training dates!
The construction inspector is a critical member of the onsite crew, and it is a job that is required for transmission and distribution pipeline construction projects. The MEA Construction Inspector VIrtual Training provides the information necessary for an individual to perform inspector activities safely and effectively. By the end of the training, attendees will have gained the knowledge necessary to serve well in the construction inspector role:
- Identify the responsibilities of a pipeline construction inspector
- Have knowledge of API 1169, CWI, and other inspection program requirements
- Inform a contractor of any work that is not being executed in accordance with their company’s specifications or federal, state and local requirements
- Prepare for the final inspection of the area
Industry expert instructors
A low student to instructor ratio of 15:1 offers one-on-one time with skilled natural gas professionals, where topics and scenarios are discussed in depth.
While meeting the objectives of each section, instructors configure examples and situations based on the students’ role and knowledge level.
In-person, hands-on learning
Students have the opportunity to participate and receive close attention during highly rated MEA hands-on training, such as tapping & stopping and welding.
- In-person training tailored to meet your contractor and operator needs
- Classroom fundamentals including pre-construction requirements
- Engineering and safety focused
- Hands-on training conducted by seasoned industry experts
- Certificate of completion