Construction Inspector Training
For new or existing pipeline inspectors
MEA Energy Association (MEA) has been closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation as well as the impact on the companies we serve. Your wellbeing and the safety of your communities are paramount to us. For that reason, we have cancelled the Construction Inspector Training scheduled for March 16-18 in Chicago. We truly value your support and commitment to MEA and our in-person learning events. We apologize for any inconvenience.
We plan to reschedule this event for fall 2020 in Chicago, IL. We will publish more information as we finalize details.
At the end of this 2.5 day course, students will be able to:
- Identify the responsibilities of a pipeline construction inspector
- Have knowledge of API 1169, CWI, and other inspection program requirements
- Inform a contractor of any work that is not being executed in accordance with their company’s specifications or federal, state and local requirements
- Prepare for the final inspection of the area
Industry expert instructors
A low student to instructor ratio of 15:1 offers one-on-one time with skilled natural gas professionals, where topics and scenarios are discussed in depth.
While meeting the objectives of each section, instructors configure examples and situations based on the students’ role and knowledge level.
In-person, hands-on learning
Students have the opportunity to participate and receive close attention during highly rated MEA hands-on training, such as tapping & stopping and welding.
- In-person training tailored to meet your contractor and operator needs
- Classroom fundamentals including pre-construction requirements
- Engineering and safety focused
- Hands-on training conducted by seasoned industry experts
- Certificate of completion