Annual MEA Photo Contest
Submit photos October - December 2021
Whether you’re an enthusiast with a passion for the great shot or a professional photographer, consider entering the first annual MEA Photo Contest to have your work featured online and in print throughout the energy industry.
MEA is seeking photos in the following four categories:
- Natural Gas: Pipes, construction, facilities, people, objects, activities, or R&D processes and endeavors.
- Electric: Poles, wires, construction, facilities, people, objects, activities, or R&D processes and endeavors.
- Renewable Energy: Generation, equipment, people, objects or activities; landscapes related to energy production/distribution; scientific processes and endeavors.
- Human Focus: Corporate service departments, teams, corporate heritage and culture (i.e. photographs that tell us what it means to work in energy and for your company and provide a sense of what it is like every day on the job).
Open to all employees and hired photographers, amateur or pro, of MEA member companies.
To be eligible for any category, a photograph must have been shot by the entrant since January 1, 2021. This date applies to all images in a composite.
- Copyrights & Usage Rights
All photographers retain copyright of their work.
Upon entry, the photographer grants MEA the right to use the submitted images in perpetuity, with attribution, in electronic form or in print in future issues of Energy | Empowered magazine and other MEA materials.
- Contest Dates
The contest opens October 1, 2021. All entries must be received through MEAenergy.org by 5:00 PM Central Time on December 31, 2021.
Criteria and process for judging will be released soon.
Winning photographs will be featured in print and digital versions of the spring issue of Energy | Empowered, on MEAenergy.org, and all MEA social media channels. Photos will also be shown at all MEA events with over 100 attendees. Photographers will be recognized in news releases and via the permanent addition of copyright/attribution on the photo (post-contest).
All Around Winner
- Selected from the finalists in all categories
- Natural Gas
- Renewable Energy
- Human Focus
- Based on most votes