Leak Detection Training
For service & gas technicians, mechanical engineers, pipe fitters, inspectors & supervisors
MEA Energy Association (MEA) has been closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation as well as the impact on the companies we serve. Your wellbeing and the safety of your communities are paramount to us. For that reason, we have cancelled the Leak Detection Training scheduled for March 30-April 1 in Chicago. We truly value your support and commitment to MEA and our in-person learning events. We apologize for any inconvenience.
We plan to reschedule this event for fall 2020 in Chicago, IL. We will publish more information as we finalize details.
At the end of this two-day training, students will be able to:
- Describe the physical properties of natural gas and understand how it migrates
- Speak with customers and get them to safety
- Use a leak detection tool to find a leak both inside and outside a property
Industry expert instructors
A low student to instructor ratio of 15:1 offers one-on-one time with skilled leak detection professionals, where topics and scenarios are discussed in depth.
Real world scenarios
Learn how to save lives and better understand policies, procedures, and equipment in a live leak field investigation.
In-person, hands-on learning
Students have the opportunity to participate and receive close attention during highly rated MEA hands-on training.
- Live scenarios in a simulated leak field
- Classroom fundamentals including physical properties of natural gas
- Safety focused
- Hands-on training conducted by seasoned industry experts
- Certificate of completion